The Business Control Management (BCM) associate will provide critical support to the ICB BCM team. The BCM's primary responsibility is to help the ICB business executives implement a robust first line of defense control environment with strong oversight and governance. In addition, the associate will interact with multiple line functions, including: Global BCMs, Audit, Compliance, Product and Financial Control, Business Management, WKO, Technology and Operations.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
- Control design and expertise
- Risks and controls identification/assessment
- Control breaks and resolution
- Control governance & reporting
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct preventive and detective monitoring of the ICB deal life cycle by engaging with the Deal Team, Business Management and partners in Relationship Management to ensure that the deal is compliant with conflicts, OFAC sanctions, KYC, counterparty due diligence, deal file closure, and other control requirements.
- Support the business executives and track/maintain evidence of business executive attestation/affirmations, where required, such as in relation with Front Office Supervision (Supervisory Portal), FINRA Quarterly Supervisory Checklists, Cross Border, Approved Channels, etc.
- Produce, present and maintain materials which provide clear insight and analysis into the current risk issues and trends relevant to the business.
- Perform ongoing analysis of program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to support control-related programs and strategies
- Create standard and ad-hoc reports, document updates and maintenance of the BCM share drive, perform quality review of data within presentations.
- Provide control related due diligence to business units to foster a proactive risk and control culture.
- Work with business and support partners to develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Help establish/reinforce control governance and reporting to identify meaningful metrics to inform on health of operational risk and control environment; escalate control breaks based on key reporting indicators; and provide input to control committees and forums.
- CORE (Control and Operational Risk Evaluation):perform and document control evaluations. Participate in global CORE governance meetings.
- Monitor and support compliance with regulatory requirements (Cross border, Licenses & Registrations, Conflicts, etc.)
- Understand the local regulatory compliance landscape and support regulatory change governance.
- Understanding of end to end control process and reporting requirements
- Key focus on attention to detail
- Strong set of problem solving and re-engineering skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Clear and concise in verbal and written communication
- High level of motivation and diligence
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities as well as multi-task
- Partnering and influencing skills
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of investment banking products
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.