Head of Channel Partnerships – BR & MX
São Paulo, SP
The Head of Channel Partnerships – Brazil & Mexico is responsible for leading a team tasked with cultivating existing partnerships and identifying new partnership opportunities across these two dynamic growth markets. Partners include ecommerce platforms, software providers, digital agencies, marketplaces, and payment gateways to name a few, as well as managing some of our global relationships.
This is a broad role, which requires a good understanding of the ecommerce and payments landscape, as well as a creative mind to identify new partnership opportunities. Furthermore, this role will be spearheading our efforts to sell PayPal Commerce Platform and drive growth in scalable ways.
You and your team will be responsible for identifying new expansion opportunities, creating account strategy, execution plans and project management of large complex strategic deals for the top global and local partners. Additionally, this role is responsible for working with product organizations to take prioritize the development and deployment of critical product features.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Understand partner ecosystems, partner business models, needs of partners and PayPal solutions to uncover opportunities and craft partner specific solutions
- Identify and drive growth opportunities within portfolio through new product integration/best practices, international expansion, marketing penetration, promotions or other strategic priorities.
- Recruit, develop, set objectives, and manage a team to deliver financial returns and/or successful completion of strategic goals
- Work with product organizations to take new PayPal services to market via partners
- Oversee & manage selected global partners and their local strategy and operations in cooperation with the global partner lead
Create and execute account level plans that include contract negotiation, integration execution, and mutual launch activities
- Build relationships with senior management at partners, engendering trust, confidence, loyalty, awareness and mutual benefit
- Establish yourself internally and externally as the main point of contact for anything related to your partner in Brazil and Mexico through strong internal involvement across all assets and deep engagement
- Identify and pursue opportunities for PayPal to penetrate new markets or merchants with or through a partner, bringing in or responding to sales initiative when appropriate
- Learn partners product pain points and understand priorities and urgency; communicate this knowledge to PayPal management; keep partners informed of product roadmap; manage business relationships during post launch re-integrations
- Create and drive strategic plans with partners & be seen as an e-commerce subject matter expert that the partners can rely on for product, payment & industry trends, best practices & expertise.
- Provide product guidance and recommendations to new Partners to assist with their implementation of PayPal & new product adoption.
- Promote the value prop of PayPal Express Checkout/PayPal Credit/PayPal Working Capital/Braintree/ PayPal Commerce Platform / PayPal Plus to partners and evangelize partner value and partner capabilities within PayPal. Be the voice of the partner: advocate for your partners, ensure team and strategy are customer focused
- Maintain Salesforce for tracking of all marketing initiatives, product opportunities, and contractual opportunities and be able to use internal tools for account mgmt.
- Project Management of large strategic deals from pitch to launch & beyond to manage partner marketing programs & plans.
- Facilitate meetings with PayPal functional groups (Product, Engineering, Risk, Ops, etc.) for learning and confidence building purposes; facilitates meetings with PayPal senior management when appropriate
- Work with Marketing to create strategies and execute activities that will drive partner advocacy, merchant acquisition, and increase total merchant processing volume
- 10+ years’ experience in sales, business development, product strategy or relationship management with ecommerce and/or channel partners
- 5+ years’ experience in ecommerce, merchant services, and/or acquiring industry
- Familiarity with ecommerce technology preferred
- Confident communicator able to drive results with C-level contacts internally and externally
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable navigating large and complex organizations to influencing and obtain stakeholder buy in
- Proven ability to uncover and deliver revenue through partnerships.
- Experience building and managing a team and working across remote matrix organization
- Technical aptitude with relevant product experience a plus
- Expert negotiator in enterprise and/or technical sales
Job_Description_Summary: The Head of Channel Partnerships – Brazil & Mexico is responsible for leading a team tasked with cultivating existing partnerships and identifying new partnership opportunities across these two dynamic growth markets. Partners include ecommerce platforms, software providers, digital agencies, marketplaces, and payment gateways to name a few, as well as managing some of our global relationships.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Clinical Research Associate - Infectious Diseases - BrazilWorldwide Clinical TrialsRequisition Number2513 Employment Type:Regular We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure1 week agoShareSão Paulo, SP
SR REGULATORY AFFAIRS ANALYSTJohnson & Johnson Family of CompaniesDiversity & Inclusion are essential to continue building our history of pioneering and innovation, which has been impacting the health of more than 1 billion1 week agoShareSão Paulo, SP
Research AssociateCorteva AgriscienceDescription DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Using standardized procedures ensures that all material necessary for conducting laboratory experiments is prepared properly and on1 week agoSharePalmas, TO
Sr. Java DeveloperAmarisCompany Description Amaris Consulting is an independent technology consulting firm providing guidance and solutions to businesses. With more than 1000 clients across1 week agoShareSão Paulo, SP
Office ManagerBlaBlaCarCompany Description BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats1 week agoShareSão Paulo, SP