Compliance SAR Investigator 1
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Do you have a passion for conducting investigations and analyzing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal's Global Compliance & Ethics team!
You will be a part of PayPal's Global Compliance & Ethics (GC&E) team tasked with ensuring that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines. You will be expected to be an AML subject matter expert, with specific emphasis on the creation, monitoring, and timely delivery of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) to Financial Activities Control Council (COAF) on a daily basis. In the preparation of SARs, you will exercise independent judgment and discretion handling highly sensitive casework.
In this role, you will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Activities Control Council (COAF). Your efforts will be in accordance to PayPal's standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations. You will be tasked with ensuring that PayPal implements the appropriate monitoring and controls of customer activity to ensure that PayPal is satisfying its obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities and incorporating successful leadership practices to ensure that your team successfully executes on these obligations accordingly. You will need to demonstrate the ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints with all levels of Global Compliance & Ethics leadership. You may be expected to interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to represent reasoning of case disposition. It will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes and seek ways to enhance current processes and controls.
As a SAR Investigator, your responsibilities include:
- Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and effectively supported recommendations on cases for reporting to the Financial Activities Control Council (COAF). Such investigation decisions are critical to PayPal's fiduciary responsibility to effectively monitor customer's activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Conducting an end-to-end and meticulous review of potential illegal or suspicious activity;
- Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
- Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including Acceptable Use Policy adherence and Know Your Customer efforts;
- Documenting findings in narrative style format, in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
- Regularly exercise good judgment and in making decisions or recommendations in relation to case investigations
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (spoken & written required);
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field;
- Minimum of 1 years' experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information;
Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to
communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues
- Interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition;
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Written Communications
- Directing Others
Sao Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] .
Job ID: 55829355
San Paulo, Brazil
Position Title: Compliance SAR Investigator 1
Company Name: Paypal
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Project Manager-Cognitive & AnalyticsIBMIntroduction At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely4 hour agoShareHortolândia, SP
HR Plant Business LeadMondelēz InternationalJob Description Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International? Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Possible. Our employees5 hour agoShareVitória de Santo Antão, PE
SR INTERNAL CONTROLS ANALYST -COMPLIANCE SR ANALYSTJohnson & Johnson Family of CompaniesAt Johnson & Johnson, the largest healthcare company in the world, we come together with one purpose: to profoundly change the trajectory of health for5 hour agoShareSão Paulo, SP
SUPERVISOR FISCALBridgestone BrasilCompany Overview: A história da Bridgestone do Brasil, uma das maiores produtoras de pneus, tem um capítulo de importância vital no Brasil. De8 hour agoShareSão Paulo, SP
Procurement Market Category Specialist, Point of Sale, LACDiageoJob Description : Job Title Procurement Market Category Specialist, Point of Sale Location São Paulo Contract Term full-term About us From Arthur Guinness8 hour agoShareSão Paulo, SP