TEAM/PROGRAMME: Health and Nutrition /Emergency Response
No of position:1
Duration of the contract: 12 months with probability of extension
LOCATION: Sasiga Woreda of East Wellega Zone
POST TYPE: National
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
- Provide IYCF counselling with the health extension workers and Other CMAM Teams.
- Support and Work closely with HDAs, mother to mother support groups within existing HDA structure, local committees, etc
- Participate in providing IYCF technical support to Woredas, SCI and partners CMAM IYCF
- Ensure that all staff understand and implement the IYCF program guidelines
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers (at PHC, Hospitals, HCs and community levels)
- Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate
- Participate in the development of mother support groups and mother-baby areas.
- Participate in developing regular work plans for the HWS, HEWs, CMAM officer, HDAs, mother to mother support groups etc.
- Spot and address appropriately the violations of the code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes and violations of the MOH guidelines
- Provision of timely update to CMAM officer
- Work by engaging community, government and other stakeholders.
- Act as an effective member in promoting, supporting and protecting IYCF practices (give IYCF awareness sessions and IYCF individual counselling sessions as necessary).
- Give support to CMAM team members as necessary especially on community mobilization activities
- Ensure that IYCF tools are properly utilized and documented; prepare IYCF reports regularly and submit to CMAM coordinators
- Link between CMAM team and IYCF team (such as promoting excellent communication and referral between IYCF counsellor, IYCF educator and CMAM)
- Assist in the development and review of educational material (IEC /BCC)
- Prepare training materials and conduct IYCF trainings when necessary
- standard guidelines,
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding, timely introduction of complementary foods and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with IYCF,
- Assure the availability of IYCF training and counselling materials prior to any training’
- Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors’ front-line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention
- Along with other SCI & partner staffs, conduct regular follow up site visits to provide support quality implementation, and document field all through submission of complete, accurate and timely feedback reports;
- Ensure IYCF indicator well captured and adhere to the national protocol guideline by CMAM team.
- Make sure that Mothers are counselled with the resource available at HH and proper understand
- Make sure that Mother who need special counselling are identified, linked and followed well for behaviour change
- Support the mothers suffering from insufficient milk production with advice on re-lactation
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats, therapeutic products and drugs for program implementation at health facility level.
- Facilitates trainings, workshops, review meetings, community forums under the project,
- Conduct regular checklist based supportive supervision on targeted health facilities,
- Facilitate joint monitoring visits /joint supportive supervisions/ in integration with Woreda health office and zonal health department.
- Generates’ and share supervision reports and feedbacks for project coordinator, zonal/woreda health office and health facilities.
- Follow and ensures, action taken by all responsible parties on gaps identified during supervision,
- Supports and liaise with the woreda health office staffs and provide on the job training/coaching and capacity building where required,
- Working with the CMAM Officer, to ensure CMAM beneficiaries are referred to IYCF services when required.
- Coordinates the link of acute malnutrition cases with EOS/CBN/CHD/TSFP/PSNP and facilitates regular registration of Non-EOS beneficiaries and submits on monthly bases,
- Supports community mobilization activities (case finding, referral linkage, defaulter tracing, conducting home to home visits and provides health and nutrition educations),
- Reports any problems in a timely manner to the project Officer and Coordinators,
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required,
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Nutrition Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Program Management
- Lead and facilitate best interest determination (BID) panel to guarantee best interest of the children.
- Conduct routine nutritional screening of PLW and under five at Sasiga or Haro Limu Districts
- Support / Establishment and strengthening of Mother to mothers Group
- Development need based IEC/BCC materials
- Lead Mother to mothers Support group session with HEW and, HCW and other SCI teams.
- Supporting any other nutritional interventions delivered by SCI, partners and other stakeholders
- Identify, register and refer malnourished children and PLW.
- Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values.
- Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
- Assist the CMAM project officer in establishing/strengthening referral linkages.
- Work closely with Sasiga & or Haro Limu Woredas relevant government offices and community based structures
- Performs other related activities as assigned by his immediate supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSC or Diploma in Nursing, Nutrition, Midwifery or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
- Minimum of three years working experience for BSc and five years’ experience for Diploma holders related to CMAM and IYCF implementations.
- Work experience in similar position is advantageous
- NGO or INGO work experiences are desired
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Date of issue: 30/05/2021 Author : Asif Befa
Location: Ambo Employee Status: Fixed Term Closing Date: Jun 23, 2021
CMORappiYOUR NEXT STEP IS AT RAPPI! Rappi is one of the first Latin American unicorns and a start-up that continues to focus on growing and making life easier for our users. As8 hour agoShareSão Paulo - SP
Assistente de LogísticaLoggiAtravés da tecnologia (mobile, IA, automação, IOT) criamos uma rede logística de próxima geração e estamos, de maneira2 day agoShareCamaçari, BA
(00023) AUDITORMAPFREOverall Purpose: The Internal Audit Officer will be responsible to perform professional audit work in line with the International Standards of Internal Auditing and5 day agoShareMato Grosso
Gerente de OperaçõesLoggiVamos falar sobre a Loggi? Conectar o Brasil. Esse é o objetivo que nos move e nos faz ser a empresa que está transformando a logística brasileira.06-07-2021ShareCajamar, SP
Senior AML OfficerCC Finance GroupCalamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the03-07-2021ShareMato Grosso