São Paulo, SP
Position TypeFull time - Regular
Type of HireInternship (Local Program)
Education DesiredBachelor's Degree
Job DescriptionGENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets commitments and provides excellent customer service at all times with internal and external clients.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Oracle and PostgreSQL Database Administration/ Engineering preferably within an enterprise environment .
- Ensures issues resulting in customer outage is escalated appropriately through TSG management.
- Assists application groups with design development that meet current and future business requirements:
- Participates in logical design process of strategic projects and responsible for the physical design/implementation.
- Provides specific direction on infrastructure design to support applications.
- Participates as a member of development support team on projects.
- Follows and meets project timelines and deadlines.
- Provides maintenance of physical database:
- Creates physical database objectives following established standards and processes employed by database team.
- Enforces database standards and follows up on inconsistencies.
- Performs routine reviews of databases and systems to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
o Follows up on recommendations and actively pushes for implementation as appropriate.
- Understands and applies database concepts such as database definitions, parameters, database component placement, reorganization, access methods and security definitions.
- Works with capacity planning, operations, application developers and other TSG teams on database performance and access issues.
- Provides 24/7 support of production database environments.
- As primary administrator, provides on call support as needed for on-call issues with database environments and provides follow up and permanent resolution for reoccurring issues.
- Implements backup/recovery procedures to protect integrity of data in database environment.
- Actively manages backups along with other database administrators to ensure processes are successful and we can recover as a result.
- If necessary, participates in recovery of databases and assists with disaster recovery testing and documentation.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in project management methodologies is desired including ability to estimate, plan, manage and communicate activities/deliverables of a mid-size project plan, i.e., a plan that affects a single system or product family and uses multiple resources
- Working knowledge of at least one database management system or a proven ability to learn new technologies and use that knowledge effectively
- Effective communication and team skills with an ability to cooperate, present to and participate with peers/team members
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and systems administration concepts
- Personal commitment to stay current with latest technology concepts
- Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Identifies and resolves less clearly defined problems using established procedures and/or protocols as guidelines.
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Systems AdministratorIBMIntroduction System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the25-04-2021ShareSão Paulo, SP
Systems AdministratorIBMIntroduction System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the24-04-2021ShareHortolândia, SP
Senior Full Stack DeveloperAppnovation TechnologiesAppnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we22-04-2021ShareSão Paulo, SP
Operations AnalystRigNet, IncIntelie, a Rignet Company , is an innovative technology company, providing software tools and services to transform data into results, increase productivity in both19-04-2021ShareRio de Janeiro, RJ
MySQL Database Administrator [Full-Time] (Independent Contractor)WolframWolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time, permanent MySQL Database Administrator.16-04-2021ShareSão Paulo, SP